Colocation providers are everywhere.
With so many to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your business?
Today, more than ever, it’s important to look below the surface and carefully evaluate the key components of your colocation provider’s offering. There are many reasons why a business would select a colocation facility over building its own data center. Between management, monitoring, and automation tools – cost is definitely at the front of the line.
To help, we’ve put together a 7-step checklist that you can use to confirm you’re making the right choice.
Identify The Right Provider With This Checklist:
- Is the provider scalable? Scalability in colocation terms means that as your infrastructure requirements grow, your facilities grow too.
- Does the facility have high-density capability? Facilities with high-density capability offer advanced connectivity and high-performance options, on demand.
- What kind of security does the provider offer? With data security on the rise, your colocation facility security should be no different.
- Uptime matters. How does the provider ensure this? Facilities offering high redundancy ensure availability to your business applications.
- Is NOC support included? Support should be included not an additional fee. In the event of a problem, technical support should be available to you via email or phone at all times.
- Does your provider deliver Data Center bandwidth to your office? All offices, even your remote locations, should receive data center bandwidth.
- Can you connect your rack to layer 2 private connections? Layer 2 private connections ensure your business-critical data is kept o the public Internet.
For a downloadable checklist, see our 7 Things You Should Know About Colocation resource.